Creamy energy balls with a taste of matcha and roasted hazelnuts. Perfect on the go or as a healthy dessert. You can sneak an extra matcha energy ball or two inside with a clear conscience
Ingredients for approx. 28 balls:
• 160 g hazelnuts
• 12 dates
• 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons of acacia honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (not vanilla sugar)
• A pinch of fine sea salt
• 3 tablespoons of matcha
Here's how you do it:
- Dry roast the hazelnuts in the oven at 175 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the shell starts to crackle. Feel free to stir the nuts a few times along the way. Take the nuts out of the oven and scrape off the shell of the nuts. This can be done in a clean tea towel.
- When the nuts have cooled down a little, pour them into a food processor or mini chopper and blend until they have turned into coarse flour. Then add the rest of the ingredients (except matcha) and blend until everything is well combined and you have a sticky, cohesive mass. Put the mixture in the fridge for 15-30 minutes so that it is easier to work with and shape into balls afterwards.
- When the date mixture has cooled down a little, roll approx. 28 small balls. Then roll the balls in the matcha powder. Then put them in the fridge again, and preferably in the freezer, so they can firm up a bit. Let them stand for half an hour in the freezer or a few hours in the fridge before they are ready to enjoy!